View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brie2359 View Post
I have been battling migraines all my life. I don't know if you would call the ones I was having "normal" maybe the typical ones everyone knows about. I was diagnosed with hemiplegic migraines last july. Scared the hay out of me, my whole right side went numb and I thought I was having a stroke. I don't know how relevant my past neurological history is but exactly a year to the date I was diagnosed with optic neuritis and questions of ms. I havnt had enough symptoms to get or not get an ms dx. The migraines are my biggest hurdle right now. Anytime I become over heated I can expect the numbness and pain behind my right eye. I've been on a few rx's. Topamax worked in keeping the migraines away but turned my brain upside down. I've done a few bp meds and a few different antidepressants but nothing seems to truly stop them. I'm 41 and flustered by the fact that I still have no answers to why and for how long these will be a partof my life. I know those are unrealistc expectations. Glad I found this forum, atleast I know I'm not alone in this malfunction!
Have they tried any other anti-seizure meds other then the topamax?
makana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote