View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Without a doubt, RSD can spread. Whether or not what you are experiencing IS spread...that I can't answer. The areas where I experienced spread feel a little different than the initial site of the RSD...but I knew it was still RSD. One of the most important things to do with new areas of spread is to treat them aggressively ASAP. Good news is that you likely know all the traps this time around (like ice and immobilization) and you can avoid that stuff from the start. I've heard that many people who get blocks and treatments for their initial site (that don't work) get relief in the spread sites if they act quickly with the treatments. You should definitely get to your doctor as soon as possible to work on a treatment plan to address this new issue.

It is also possible that it is not RSD. I know that (especially in the begining) I threw so many other parts of my body out of whack and messed them up because I was compensating too much for my RSD limb. Some of those pains were intense but they were very different from the RSD pain.

Either way...you need to address the new pains. But time is definitely of the essence here because if it is RSD then you may have a chance to stop the spread if you treat it aggressively and quickly.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote