Thread: Pain Relief Ads
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervie Barb View Post
Maybe I'm just cranky lately, but these ads are starting to make me angry. ...Anyone else have a Pet Peeve this week? lol.
CB...I'm with you! And I find that people who never had serious pain/conditions actually seem to believe these claims. AND the "TV patients" using these products are beautiful, svelte, well-dressed and live in perfect houses. (They should film me in an ultra pain flare when I am thrilled just to be able to pull on sweats and lift my arms up to put the clip in my hair! AND that's after the relief from meds)

I think some of these same people also believe that all doctors have an answer to whatever ails them. Can you imagine going into the emergency room and finding a team like Dr. House and his pals with the ability to detect and cure the most obscure malady. Practitioners who have the time, access, and skills to perform any test on demand. (With no payment from the patient) LOL

I suppose the good fortune is that most people won't experience spinal disorders or chronic pain from autoimmune diseases.

The ads from the BIG Pharma companies also make it seem that all treatments are affordable to everyone. Can't pay...just give 'em a call and they'll send it your way. And REALLY --- why should one treatment (such as RA injections or infusions) cost thousands a year...okay I will calm down now....thanks for letting me vent!

Healing hugs, Carly

Last edited by buriedinbooks; 09-19-2006 at 06:30 PM.
buriedinbooks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote