View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm one of those that forgets to pay bills! I have so many cognitive problems that when I went before the Judge for my disability and he asked me a question about "our profession" (his words) (I was a Paralegal) whatever I said made him just stop and stare at me. I never did figure out what I said! Whatever it was proved to him that I could no longer work. And back then I was doing pretty well but now I'm so much worse.

I now have all my bills paid automatically but still have a list of when the bills are due which I check off each month. I have a large desk calendar where I write everything down and I mean everything. Especially if I need to pick my DD up from somewhere. So far I haven't forgotten her so I'm doing okay. I have a list of cleaning I need to do and mark it off when done.

I make sure to tell people when I first meet them that I have MS and many cognitive problems so they'll understand. This way when I say the wrong word(s) I can say I warned you! To look at me you'd never know I had MS and I've had it for a long time.

The funny side is when I say the wrong words it's halarious - after all if you laugh at yourself, it much more fun!

The sad side is when I forget to make dinner. Oops, sorry family. Guess that's what frozen quick prepare meals are for.

The awful side is some family members have said nasty things about my cognitive problems.
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-15-2012), Blessings2You (05-13-2012), Dejibo (05-15-2012), dmplaura (05-13-2012), Mariel (05-13-2012), SallyC (05-13-2012)