View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
You can start the R-lipoic every other day to halve the dose if you have a capsule of 100mg. This supplement really has very few side effects. I am one of the few people here who gets irritable on high dose lipoic... but starting slowly helped me. I don't use more than 100mg most days.

I sense a hesitancy in using supplements, from your posts. Until you feel comfortable enough taking control of your body to try to heal, perhaps you should not do anything for now.

Keep in mind that in your case the use of Pravachol is highly problematic. And for that reason I believe your FIRST priority is fixing the CoQ-10. I'd concentrate only on that for now.
I am somewhat skeptical about drugs and their side effects or benefits as a clear cut case of cause and effect. If someone tries a supplement and it relieves symptoms, that is great. I know some drugs take longer to have the desired effect. But I'm not so sure about having a side effect show up long after stopping use of the drug unless it's a side effect that isn't outwardly seen or felt but must be assessed using diagnostic tools (MRI's, bone densities, blood work, etc..) I'm sure you can provide many links to disprove this opinion, but that's just what I believe from the research I've done.

I did find out that increased cholesteral is a side effect of femara (which I am off of now) - so I am going to ask that my pravachol be reduced - and I am taking a CoQ10 supplement on an empty stomach. I don't know if the femara is related to my total cholesteral levels (which are normal - but the LDL is a little too high and the HDL not quite high enough) but time will tell now that I am off of it.

And I do take control of my body to heal. I'm just not sure that using this and that supplement is the definition of this.
grandma123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-14-2012)