View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a crown replacement few weeks which partially broke. Went to dentist and he said it broke awkward and said has to remove, take impression, order and fit it. I said ok go ahead and he said it is going to be easy but then after a while he realized it is going to tough.

Lots of grilling, noise, breaking for about 2 hours (of course he numbed that part) and even touched my gums which sent pain waves through my entire head, face etc., (with my consistent PCS symptoms few times I thought I am going to pass out). Well I survived and dental assistant was worried I will be in lot of pain and gave me 800 mg IBUPROFEN. Turned out to be I didn't have to take (surprisingly) and in a day went back to normal PCS dizziness, PCS pain, PCS headache etc., (how said it became part of life now

2 weeks later I went to fit my crown and this time I took some Xanax (.125 mg is good for me). I quit Xanax and now I started taking on a need only basis and my doctors are ok with it (or tired of me complaining and now they are ok with anything I say one doctor even ok with stem cell therapy). It sure helped very well to tolerate everything and was a piece of cake with no dental pain.

If you have never taken Xanax don't try it since you need to know the effects and can be very addictive. For me that is a rescue med (brings down all my symptoms and even gives me energy) and I won't get addicted (hopefully) and I dont take for sleep.

Compared to that if you are going for only dental cleaning probably nothing to worry about. I have to say probably and you know why. Each person is different. But don't get scared and face the fear

Good luck and hope you have a pleasant experience.

Last edited by pcslife; 05-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.
pcslife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote