View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Starr,

I was very worried for my first cleaning after my injury, but as long as you explain what makes you comfortable, it should be ok.I have had three cleanings since then and they have all been fine. I wore earplugs and my noise canceling headphones and had them place a towel under my neck. As long as the noise is blocked out, it is not that bad.I took tylenol before I went, just to make sure. If you can listen to relaxing music and make sure they know to be gentle And get a ride if possible.

Pcslife, sorry to hear about your adventure at the dentist.I also had an unpleasant experience. This past week I found out that I had a cavity that needed to be filled. I had no idea that I would have so much trouble. The dentist attempted to numb me with about seven needles. She then started drilling a small hole but I could feel everything. Because she had already started, she had to fill the hole, and I have never experienced pain like that at the dentist.

Needless to say, I had to go back to have it finished. It took 2 hours for a small cavity. If you need to have extra work done, make sure that it is very numb.Have them wait as long as necessary. I had to wait about 30 minutes and then more needles and waiting.I needed to take some vicodin before and after. I guess my nerves are just so sensitive. The second dentist mentioned that she had to numb some type of ligament and that seemed to help me.

I think what helps my teeth is my Sonicare toothbrush. I was unable to go to the dentist for about 1 year after my injury and both the dentist and hygenist said it made all the difference.I think everyone with PCS should probably avoid cavities as much as possible
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pcslife (05-14-2012)