View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Typical theraputic level of Gabapentin is 2400-3600mg per/day 3 or 4 x 900mg (3 pills) for MP or RSD. The level of Gabapentin you are taking is too low and causing your dizziness. The doctor isn't crazy, once you are up to a theraputic level of it, all the side effects will go away in about a week. I have seen better results raising the dosage sooner than later, wake up with a hangover stay at that level til you do not wake up with a hangover (1-2 days) then raise it one pill and repeat. You need to do this under doctor supervision though. 30mg of Cymbalta is more in the 60-90 range. Gabapentin is for nerve pain, Cymbalta is for Muscle Pain (Back). Stick with it and you will regain your life back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammare View Post
I take Gabapentin - 1500 mg per day, along with 30 mg of Cymbalta for the pain. I'm thinking of talking to my Dr about adjusting my dose of Cymbalta. He gave me a script for up to 2400 mg of Gabapentin per day, but I don't think I can deal with the dizziness/spaciness that comes with it. It's hard enough as it is with this 'low' dose.
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote