Thread: New Here!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sunshine,

I can relate to a lot of your post! I was diagnosed with Lupus 7 years ago and have been telling my Rheumatologist that I was fatigued and lost weight for no reason (10 lbs). All my Dr.s put it down to being "naturally slim." I finally told my Dr. that I was so fatigued when exercising that my muscles burned with very little stress and I wanted an answer for that. He looked at me and I felt like he thought I was complaining.

He did a test for MG and was floored when my test came back very positive! I had been on Imuran (for Lupus) for years and he said that was a med they used to treat MG in the first place! My acteyl-choline receptors were 242 and he couldn't believe it. It was the talk of the office for awhile, he told me. He only does one or two tests a year for MG, but I hope he looks at other patients' symptoms more closely now. My Neurologist was very surprised at my high numbers and put me on IVIG immediately for 6 months. That stuff is great! I can't take Mestinon - it makes my muscles contract painfully. I have had my thymus removed and will see how it goes.

I wish you all the best and I hope your find a Neuro that treats you with respect.
TexasRose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote