View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jo, thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I've been browsing the TOS and RSi forums, and it makes me grateful that I've been aggressively pursuing treatment and balance. I'm in pain, but not as much as I was. When I read other posts, I can totally relate - 'cause I can see going there EASILY if I'm not vigilant about not over-doing things.

It's silly - things like bringing in groceries from the car, pushing a cart at Costco, dragging luggage through the airport, carrying a heavy purse, painting (gripping AND overhead - deadly!) are all problems, and all things I limit or pace.

Early on, I resisted the accommodations, telling myself I "should" be able to do these things easily, or without pain. Now, I'd rather eke out more time in a relaxed state, instead of an inflamed one. The "wussy factor" is higher than ever.

Things that have helped: thyroid meds; exercise and weight loss; elavil; stretching & massage; jacuzzi (wet heat); PT; not driving with my hair in a ponytail (it moved my head forward away from the seat, and increased tension and pain); having my books on two lap pillows to minimize extension and holding...

It's a journey...d*mmit.

Sandi
sandi_k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote