Thread: I was denied
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I was denied

Well, I've been a member for awile. It started with low b12 on vit forum. Then I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, and have been keeping up with that forum.

I don't post alot, but I always read. I have been trying for my disability for approx. 1 and half yrs. I went before the judge Jan 11th, and I received my denial papers a weeek ago. To say the least I was knocked down. The judge didn't have enough of the "right" medical records to make a decision favorable to me. I got a lawyer from the internet,and I feel like he didn't represent me at all. I have been unable to work now for 6 yrs. My work credits for me being insured ran out June 2010.

I wish I would of known. I am divorced so I have no spouse to help with anything. That is the reason why I didn't have enough medical records proving my case. Nobody could figure it out, so they all said it was in my head. I had no money, no insurance, and I have lived with everry family member possible in the last 6 yrs, because I couldn't work. Not many people,even family members want a extra person around for long if they can't contribute. So I went from home to home, and state to state, and tried to get help. None really exists at my age (52).
I know if I was able to work I would. I have my whole life. It can be so demeaning and soul sucking to be at other peoples mercy for your everything..

I don't know what my next step will be....I am so tired.

But, i am still blessed to have a stable home right now. I don't go to the doctor like I should, or get all the med I need, but my sister does everything she can. I try not to get depressed, but it is hard. I don't know how to continue this fight. I can't make medical records where none exist, but that doesn't mean I am not sick...
I am just lost right now....I know there are others like me, in my situation. My world is a very scary place for me right now......But I still have faith and hope......

TO THINE OWN SELF....BE TRUE
dewcole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote