View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I went back to the dentist today. He said it looks like the socket is finally healing, but still had a little redness. He also said the gum is now attached to the bone. I have to go back again in 3 weeks because he said he believes there's some sinus communication. He said that it is uncommon because usually it is a back molar and mine is a premolar, but he thinks since I'm not tasting the salt anymore and my nose is no longer burning when I drink anything, that it might be healing on its own. He said if it is not completely healed in 3 weeks, he will send me to the oral surgeon. It actually doesn't hurt at all anymore, just a tiny bit tender if I chew on that side. I asked him if he thought I'd be ok now, and he wouldn't give me a solid answer, he just said to come back in 3 weeks and we'd see if it was healed. Also, I'm back to not being allowed to blow my nose, no straws, I have sinus medication to take, and no heavy sniffling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will totally heal, because I leave in a week and a half for a vacation cross-country. We've decided to drive, just so I have no problems.
Jessiangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (05-15-2012)