View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello!

And WELCOME to the crew! You certainly came to the right place for support and prayer!
We all know exactly how you are feeling right now. All those nerves and emotions mixed up into one big "Oh My What IF"!

Did you do the trial? If so, and it was successful, then there goes half of your 'what ifs'. You'll pretty much know what is going on. Good communication is probably the most important thing about the surgery. You want the stimulation exactly where it needs to be. The laminectomy method has proved to be the most successful when it comes to preventing lead migration. I'm glad you're getting it done this way.

And of course it is paramount that you follow the post op restrictions to a tee. Since you've had so many prior surgeries, then heck, you probably know more than we do .
I found it very wise to go around the house and put essential things up on counters and easy to reach. Having a reacher/grabber gadget is an all-time favorite around here. I still use mine even tho I'm almost 3 yrs post op. It's convenient for picking up my teen's stinky socks and what have you....

It's really great to have you here! You will certainly get lots of feedback. We're a fun caring bunch and there is NO lack of prayer around here! We're behind you all the way
Please let us know how this goes for you!
We'll be anxiously waiting

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (05-15-2012), eva5667faliure (05-17-2012), funnylucky (05-14-2012), ger715 (05-14-2012), Mark56 (05-14-2012), tamiloo (05-14-2012)