View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is seriously getting beyond ridiculous. I hit my head again today, twice! I'm really starting to feel like I can't leave the house ever again. I don't know what to do and I'm incredibly frustrated. This morning I hit the back of my head (the same place I always hit) on the sharp corner of a door frame, then on a wall a few hours later. I didn't hit either thing hard at all; most people would think nothing of it and at first, I tried not to either. Then about an hour later, it was like someone was repeatedly hitting me in the back of the head with a brick. I felt so dizzy and nauseous and I just wanted to go to sleep. I took some extra strength Tylenol as soon as I could and was able to get out of work a little early. I went home and laid on the couch for about 4 hours. I had zero energy and I kept falling asleep. My fiance had to keep waking me up. The Tylenol helped a little and I was able to eat something a while after, but still felt kind of queasy, dizzy and sleepy.

I have no idea what to do. Apparently I can't stop this from happening no matter how hard I try. I'm still having pain in the spot of impact from the first time I hit it a few weeks ago, and the pain increases whenever I lean forward. I've also noticed that any kind of jostling gives me instant head pain. Yesterday I was in the car and had to stop quickly and immediately my head started throbbing. The headaches have been coming and going but after what I did today, they're back to being just as bad as they were before.

I've also started thinking about the long term effects all these concussions are now/may someday have on me. I think about little things, like my intolerance to flashing lights, and occasionally struggling to find the right words/stammering. Are those the effects of all of these injuries? How would I even know for sure?

I just want to scream and throw things! Ahhhh!
Bright&Dark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote