Thread: I was denied
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Hi Dewcole,

I am sorry that you are going through this.

I would start with getting adequate medical care now that will generate current medical records.

Has a physician said (and documented) that you are totally disabled ? You may know that you cannot work, but unless a doctor says it and backs up his conclusion with objective criteria to prove your disability to Social Security, the best SS lawyer couldn't help get an approval.

I'm not very familiar with the procedures you'll need to go through now after a denial at the ALJ level, so I'm glad the others could advise you on that.

Best wishes......
Thank you for your post. I try to get as many medical records as I can. Yes my doctor was quite upset when I trold him I got turned down. He sent a letter to the judge stating his thoughts on my disability. He gave me the nam e of a lawyer he works with and he is on my list of people to call tomorrow. My lawyer did not even ask my doctor to fill out a form. I did, and it got to the judge 2 wks after the hearing, so I am not sure the judge even considered it...One thing is I have learned, this is the government....it is like you are on trial. You are. I need to regroup and try to get my thoughts straight. Sometimes I wish I had someone who could help me, with my decisions, with my thought process, wiith filling out paperwork. Just with all of it. But thank you for your ppost.
Best wishes to you also..

TO THINE OWN SELF....BE TRUE
dewcole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote