View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I don't disagree with any of that, but doesn't it seem that dealing with post-op pain should be the responsibility of the guy cutting (causing the surgical pain), and part of the whole surgical package? It's not some PN doctor who's cutting into the patient - it's the surgeon. Since most PM docs come from anethesiology anyway, maybe it should be part of the anesthesiologist's purview(?)

Asking a PM doctor to deal with pain caused by another seems like cleaning up someone else's mess. And unfortunately, when surgery doesn't work as expected, it winds up that way anyhow.

I don't know... just rambling a bit.

Doc
Well Doc, as usual, I agree with you. Perhaps I have had bad luck with the surgeons who have worked on me but NONE of them wanted to do post op pain. Most referred me on at four weeks post op. With that in mind, I made certain I had one in the wings who was familiar with my back and had a reasonable relationship with the surgeons. At this point, I have had the same pain doc, physiatrist, treat me since 2000. He has the bigger picture relative to my problems and is a real blessing post op. It's good to have a safety net. Have a good day.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote