Thread: Post Tymectomy
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glad you are feeling better. However, be careful not to overdo for a couple of more weeks.

I also agree that your doctor is being very optimistic about what the thymectomy will do. One can be very sick with absolutely no antibodies showing on blood tests and thymectomy is certainly not a guarantee for remission. I've never heard of a "planned weaning" of meds "just because" a thymectomy was done. Weaning is usually done because the body indicates it no longer needs the meds. Also, it can take up to TEN years for improvement to occur with thymectomy--if it occurs at all.

Of course I'm hoping you have fabulous results. I have heard of/seen it happen. Just don't totally count on it happening right away, OK?

As for the weed, can you switch to vaporizing or edibles? They would be a lot better for your lungs. The last thing you need is to irritate your respiratory system---for the long haul. I know some cig smokers with MG, and they do tend to have more problems overall than those of us who don't smoke.

Hope you continue to heal quickly!!!!
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote