View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe Progress At the Dr's Office

Thanks to everyone that helped me after my last frustrating appointment. I appreciate the support and guidance.

Saw my (newer, younger) doc this morning and as a result of that, he had ordered a brain scan with contrast (iodine) and is making the referral to the local hospital's brain injury rehab program for an assessment.

I have no idea how long the wait will be for either, probably long, but at least it is a start.

I've been very stressed about this appointment and now so relieved that it went so well. I'm transferring to this new younger doc, he has agreed to be my new GP, so once that paperwork is done I'll be even more relieved to be away from the "old as dirt" "set in his ways" ready to retire doc I've been fighting with.

I know none of the things that happened today will fix me or anything, but at least now it seems I'm being taken seriously... or at least seriously enough to get an assessment.

Thanks to all for advice and help!
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
camyam73 (05-15-2012), EsthersDoll (05-15-2012), ginnie (05-15-2012), GlassHead (05-15-2012), greenfrog (05-15-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (06-02-2012)