View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Immunoglobulin infusions are covered 100% through Medicare Part A and Part B. 80/20. It is considered a medical procedure.

Privigen, the injectible IG, is considered a drug and is covered under Part D.
I pay nothing for my infusions. If I were taking Privigen, my co-pay would be 26% of the drug cost with the Part D plan I chose.

Go to http://www.medicare.gov

Under find plans. Click on Compare drug and health plans.

Enter your zip code. Then click on Find Plans.

Click the circle Original Medicare an then click the circle below.I don't get any extra help. Ignore the boxes that pop up. Then click on Continue to Plan Results.

Start entering the drugs you are taking. when you type in Privigen, It will be the first to show up. Click on ad drug. A pop up will show up. Fill out the info asked for then click on Add Drug and Dosage.

It will bring you to another screen that will show your input for Privigen.

You can start putting in your other drugs and they will be added to your list.

That screen will also have information on the top right you should write down.
Drug list ID and password date.

After you enter all your drugs, click on my drug list is complete.

On the next screen click on a pharmacy, then click on Continue to plan results.

Click the first box. Prescription Drug Plans (with Original Medicare) and the continue to plan results.

That will take you to all the insurance companies and show you what your premiums would be under the plans they offer and what your annual drug cost will be.

They come up in the order that will be the cheapest for you.

It will show you $25.80 monthly premium, Annual Drug Deductible: $320 and your annual co-pay. About $4200.00. to $4500. a year. Ouch.

My advice, try to talk to your Dr. and have him get you on the infusions.

Even though there is not much differance between the list of providers for Privigen, There could be a big saving for other drugs you may be taking.

Like I said before, my Cellcept, Mestinon and Prednisone cost me $36.00 for a 3 month supply of all three and my premium is $69.00 a month.

1-800-MEDICARE. A Rep from Medicare will take you through the entire procces above once you go to:
www.medicare.gov

Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote