View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu00 View Post
Are you appealing their initial decisions? Like many types of insurance, they will often reject claims outright at first but end up paying if you are persistent enough and provide them with lots of documentation. Perhaps you have already done this; I thought it was worth mentioning just in case you haven't, or in case others aren't aware of this.
I'm involved in a lawsuit, so there hasn't been any kind of decisions made that I'm aware of at this point.

I'm generally speaking about the fact that the man who caused the accident that gave me the concussion that I'm still recovering from was covered for less than a tenth of what this accident has cost me so far. I don't think the mandated "minimum coverage" coverage is enough to pay for a mTBI, and I think mTBI's in auto accidents are somewhat common, so it disturbs me. I don't think people who drive really understand how much insurance they should have or how much money it will cost to rehabilitate someone they accidentally injure.

I just think that society isn't yet knowledgeable about concussions enough to be prepared for them like they are broken bones. And this frustration is just a part of that line of thinking.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote