View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah, I'm filing a lawsuit as well, and while the other guy's insurance hasn't yet disclosed to my lawyer his liability limit, I'm guessing it is low. From what I hear, it's so hard to get adequate compensation for mTBIs anyway that it may not make much difference; with an "invisible" injury such as ours, we have a very high legal burden of proof in establishing and quantifying damages.

I figure that even if I were to recover tomorrow, it would take millions of dollars to compensate me for the hell this has put me through and the damage it has done to my career. (Think about it: Knowing what you know now, if you could go back to before your injury, how much would someone have to pay you in order for you to willingtly go through all of this?) I'm trying to accept the fact that there is no way I will be adequately compensated for the damage this has done to my life and the suffering it has caused me. The best I can hope for is something to slightly offset what I have lost.