View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My car insurance will cover up to $10,000 in medical expenses, plus I have $100,000 in underinsured motorist coverage. (A lot of people don't realize they have this. Be sure to check and see if you have it and for how much.)

Getting stuff covered under my own insurance is a real hassle. I have to pay first out of pocket, then get a statement from the clininc showing that I paid (and these statements are invariably vague, which forces me to submit additional documentation from my medical records, even though my insurance company has access to them).

At any rate, in my original comment I was referring to reimbursement from one's own insurance company, aside from settlement issues. One has to be persistent and submit thorough paperwork, even if they already have it (such as the relevant medical records) if one is to get reimbursement. If they deny the reimursement claim initially, you can often still get it covered if you submit additional paperwork.