View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSMother View Post
My daughter is also very fragile. She can walk now, but car rides, plane rides, subway or other vibrations (even loud sound vibrations,) cause major symptoms.

She missed a couple of stairs and landed on the floor, but it seemed no big deal. Then with in a week, all of the concussion symptoms came back. Another time, I braked too hard in the car, and it was a slight whiplash motion, but that set her back for a few weeks too. It seems that any slight head motion, even gentle dancing, sets her symptoms back. She is worried that this will limit her life forever, and I really don't know what to say.
What could you say? We seem to have established that for some reason this symptom doesn't seem to have any info about it anywhere!

The best I can do for you is an anecdotal case study of one (that being me ). For many months I was so sensitive to any head movement, vibration or jolting that I had to wear specially cushioned sneakers to walk anywhere or even each step from walking was too much of a jolt.

I have improved a lot since then and continue to do so. I even ran a few steps the other day, and it seems to have been ok. And speed bumps in a car are now ok as long as I lean forward. So if she's like me, it will improve and won't limit her life as much as it now might appear.

I expect it to limit my life in terms of the lifestyle choices I make. I have learned to avoid activities that might jolt me, and intend to continue doing so even if I feel better in the future. I would advise your daughter to plan to do the same, this isn't something she'll want to go through again. There are plenty of fun and worthwhile activities which don't involve head jolts

My best to you both.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (08-11-2012)