View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
I tapered off Gabapentin at Christmas to change to Lyrica, my GP told me to come down 300mgs per day(my dose was 2400mg per day) by day 3 I was in absolute agony, I called another doc and he said I was reducing too quickly, it should have been one 300mg per week! I am so glad I persevered and switched to Lyrica, the burning has almost disappeared and I have found my feet cold on numerous occasions, this is delicious after years of constant burning
I also was switched from Neurontin to Lyrica as my liver was not able to withstand the drug. I was experiencing extreme pain in my large muscle groups, a delayed burning sensation whenever I moved...at all, along with myofascial pain syndrome since my syringo-subarachnoid shunting operation in September. The Neurontin worked well but the sedation was intense. With the Lyrica I am more clear-headed and the burning has all but disappeared on the base dose (50 mg. 3 X daily) along with less frequent neuropathic pain symptoms such as burning, stabbing and paresthesia which were much less controlled with Neurontin.
I agree that neuropathies are so complex that the broad labeling of such a wide range of independent conditions is inevitable until a greater understanding is achieved.
Meggie
Meggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote