View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camyam73 View Post
What about your own car insurance? Is it helping to cover your expenses?
Apparently, I have to wait for the settlement from the guy who caused the accident before I can make a claim from my own insurance company for underinsured motorist. Even if I am awarded the entire amount that he and I was covered for, it will not cover all the medical bills. My HMO is seeking reimbursement for my care from this accident. I underwent a LOT of different treatments, therapies, tests and had to see a lot of different professionals. And I'm still not done with it...

I actually switched auto insurance companies because of this accident. I am very unhappy with how the first company handled my injury - insisting that I continue to pay for auto insurance even though I was instructed by my Dr. not to drive for over a year - my license was suspended for months by the DMV. It was absurd. I also kept telling them that I was recovering from a concussion and that I couldn't talk over the phone or fill out forms and they kept bugging me in the first several weeks or months... they just didn't get it at all. I had to sign a Power of Attorney for my dad to handle stuff like that for me. I was unable to read or fill out forms for a long time.

I'm ok, I'm not really that worried about it. I have my boyfriend, I still have my job, and I have a good family and friends and a great prognosis. It's just that every once in a while, this stuff really bothers me. And sometimes I get anxious over it. But I'm doing surprisingly well, despite it all.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (05-16-2012), camyam73 (05-16-2012), xanadu00 (05-15-2012)