Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Starr" View Post
How did your appointment go?

Starr
I think it went well.

She was able to articulate issues that I've been dealing with but was unable to really put my finger on, let alone communicate them! Vision is something I took for granted that it just worked. What she said made me feel vindicated and very hopeful.

The evaluation really tuckered me out. The doctor said it's obvious that my eyes are overcompensating, or having trouble, focusing and that it's taking a lot of my energy as a result. My eyes are able to do 3 reps of a task that the average person can do 10-12 of in the same amount of time but that it takes me a lot more energy. She said she could see how tired I was getting.

She said the therapy can help me a great deal. She's recommending we start with 16 sessions. I will be reevaluated on my 8th or 12th session.

I'm very motivated to get better. My speech therapist was amazed at the progress I made each week. (I did my "homework" and apparently that's uncommon.) I'm hoping vision therapy goes the same for me.

Now, I just need to be able to get a ride to her office since I'm unable to drive myself.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (05-16-2012), camyam73 (05-16-2012)