Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Lisa,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygeek View Post
I am back from the Botox injections...they hurt like a (insert expletive here)! He injected me about 25 times, using about 3 times normal cosmetic amount. Of course it hurt me more because of crps and the allodynia that accompanies it. He was very thorough...forehead, temples, back of head, neck...
Doctor also said that it could take a few weeks to see any improvement so I will keep you posted
I will admit that I probably would not have gone through with it if my insurance didn't cover it but since it did and I have already hit my deductible, I figured I would give it a try....
Lisa

Injected 25 times. Wow. Actually, I went to a doctor that specializeed in Torticollis, a form of Dystonia. If I recall, I think I may have had a total of 8 or 10 injections. It is suppose to take a week or two before they start working and then, as Doc mentioned, they are only good for about 3 months. By the time it begins to work, it is almost time to get another. Didn't get enough relief so never had a second round. I do hope you get at least a decent amount of relief time.

Some years ago, I had gone to a Neurologist for the migraines. He prescribed preventative meds, Inderal and Elavil to take daily in an effort to prevent them. I had also done bio-feedback. He had also prescribed Midrin to be taking when migraine would be coming on and during the migraine. He prescribe a large quantity with 12 refills. Had no idea about rebound headaches at that time and he never warned me this could happen Since he had prescribed a large quantity with 12 refills to last a year; didn't realize I was having rebound headaches. Awful.

Whem Imitrex came on the market, it was the answer to my prayers. They really help. But, as previously mentioned; must be careful not to overdo because of rebound headaches. I learned the hard way.

Keep us informed.

(Gerry)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote