View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Neeko

I am one of the users here. I am curretly on my 3rd unit. I had typed out a long winded response and lost the darn thing so here is my condensed version. I searched long and hard to find my current doc and his clinic. I have fought with MANY doctors, therapists (physical and mental) and myself, on my current journey.
My 1st unit, I cried when they took out my trial leads, then cried almost daily as the pain came back with such a vengance, I also cried because my insurance company and the then clinic manager drug their feet getting my permant unit approved. It took a ranting RN to convince her that she had sent the information to the wrong insurance company and to reapply to the proper insurance. I burned throught the battery on this unit in just under 2 years, this was due to the high energy usage I was using to cover my pain.
My second unit the leads were pulled loose during a fall that resulted in my shoulder being dislocated, was not a good time for me.
My current unit is yet again another Medtronic unit. It is a rechargeable unit and I am halfway through its battery life time. I have had it "tweaked" several times and as a mater of fact, tomorrow I will once again drive the 200 one way miles for yet another tweaking session.
My friend Mark will be coming along in the near future to introduce himself. He currently has a boston scientific unit that he programed himself (yes) with his rep over his shoulder. He has not required any "tweaking".
There are even people here who have 2 units for different levels of pain.
So If you trust your doc, allow him to give you some names of his current SCS users, or ask more questions here!
WELCOME

z
psalms 91:11
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-16-2012), Mark56 (05-15-2012), Rrae (05-15-2012), Sophie_ (05-16-2012)