View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
You have that right about the compression stockings. What an uncomfortable mess. Hard to get on, cut into your legs, and then IF you can get them off, you spend the night in the bathroom. NO THANKs. My cardio isn't happy with me, oh well.

Melody L, I had something that sounds similar during a surgery recovery. They were on me to prevent DVT, but also helped with the edema. Or so they said. I never noticed anything different. Again, a pain in the patootie to get on and off.
My friend (a long time ago) had some kind of leg surgery. She was in the hospital and when they sent her home she had to wear these long things on her legs that compressed and de-compressed. Can't remember anything else.

The reason I ask is that it makes complete sense to me. No amount of pain meds (which he hasn't been on for years because they don't work), no amount of lidoderm patches wrapped around his toes (again, didn't do a thing), no any kind of med did any good. The only thing that helps his PN is when I take the Homedics massager and run it up and down his back and he goes AHHH. And he has used it on his thighs and it makes the pins and needles in his feet go away. But he has burned through massager after massager. So, in my mind, I say "what about those big old lymphadema pump things" Why wouldn't they accomplish the same thing as the massager? I mean, he's sitting on the couch anyway, and he keeps tapping his foot like someone with parkinson (but he does it because he says it brings the blood into his foot), and anytime he is sitting at the computer he is always tap tap tapping his right foot. He has had PN for 20 years now.

Oh don't know if I mentioned this before but years ago we got him a similar item from one of those Harriet Carter kind of catalogues. You lay down and put these things on the legs and it compresses and de-compresses. I remember him saying "This would work if it would do it harder"

So then I go on the internet and see this lymphadema pump thing.

See how my brain works???

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote