View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

bizi, Mrs D and all; I know we're really eating a vegetarian diet, but we are slowly working towards cutting out cheese, too, as we have been using some cheese and butter substitutes. We would easily cut out eggs if there was a vegan substitute . Also trying tofu and other beef substitutes made of tofu, most have been pretty good. I am still reading up on the nutritional aspect of changing our diets this way, but we haven't started any supplements yet. I did tell my doctor about my new diet, and she seemed to think it wasn't a bad idea.

Di, we really had a great time on our cruise! We went Epcot and to Atlantis and took part in the dolphin interaction, which was quite a thrill for all of us! As far as the addition goes, we have done the preliminary work, bought new whole house air conditioners (2 needed because the square footage of house plus addition is over 5000 square feet) and moved them, had the trees cut down,, and now waiting for the permits and then will start construction. Whew, it is quite an ordeal to get everything in place prior to building.

I decided to plant a butterfly garden, and took great care in clearing the area, putting up a decorative fence, and shopped through the Spring Hill catalog to buy a bunch of perennials that attract butterflies. Also bought a butterfly house, I think I put a picture on FB, and it's hanging right next to my garden. I hope it grows well - I have high hopes for it!

Chia - my d-i-l bought Chia seeds, and has used them at least a few times, in food, I think.

Will stop back in again soon!!

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-15-2012), DiMarie (05-16-2012), Mari (05-15-2012), mymorgy (05-16-2012)