View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Neko!

Welcome to this neck of the woods!
It's very smart of you to be doing your homework on this. This is a very individualized treatment modality and no two of us are alike. If you have confidence in your doctor and he has alot of experience with these, then it's probably a good thing to check into. If your pain has robbed you of a quality of life and no other treatments or medications has helped, this would be something to look into.
And like Yellow said, the trial gives you a chance to really get an idea if this might be something for you.
I too am very thankful for what the SCS has done for me painwise AND mentally! You will read quite a few 'happy' stories here, but that does not go without saying that revisions have been necessary for many of us. Some people get that confused with 'unsuccessful' outcomes, however. There are several circumstances when a revision might become necessary and I would go thru it 50 times over to continue getting this relief if I had to.

Then, as you are well aware of, there are the bad experiences to be aware of.
It's good to do alot of reading. You'll find a wide array of testimonies here and everyone is very helpful.

It's nice to have you here!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-16-2012), Mark56 (05-15-2012), Nanc (05-16-2012), Sophie_ (05-16-2012)