View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

1 - I am on GammaGaurd. No problems if I pre-treat with Benabryl and Tylenol. I think that, important with any brand to avoid a reaction.

2 - No matter what insurance company you choose, there is a formulary list of drugs they cover and your co-pay depends on the tier number they assign. Usually tier 1 through 5. Tier 5 being the most expensive co-pay.

My formulary considers Privigen a tier 5 drug. The formulary does not list immune globulin at all and I think all the other insurance companies would be the same.

3 - Based on my answer to #2, I think any Part D insurance company you choose will be exactly the same.

4 - I go to an infusion center.

In 2011 I just chose the same Part D provider that I had my Part B through. But for 2012 the co-pays were going up so I wanted to compare different companies.

I called 1-800-MEDICARE and the rep took me through the steps I listed in my prior post. My list consisted of 6 drugs. You can go through this process 10 times if you want without making a decision. I suggest you start today.

You can open 2 windows. One to go back and forth from this site and Medicare. Or call Medicare and have them take you through the steps if you do not have a printer.

It was confusing to me and I had to do it a few times before I really understand it.

Good luck;

Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote