View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Joy,

After getting overloaded trying to read another post that did not have any paragraph spacings, I am struggling to read your post but I'll give it a try.

It sounds to me like you don't need more activity until you develop better focus skills. By this I mean learning to shut out your environment so you can get your thinking going without interruption

It takes a slow progression of learning skills. Only you can determine what progression of skills you need. I started with closing my eyes to pull my auditory focus together. Then, I could add the visual input.

Regarding stress management, you will be surprised how many things in your environment can add to your stress levels. To start with, identifying all the stressors in you life is difficult. Then, coming up with a strategy to deal with them and getting those around you to cooperate is even more difficult.

We needed to train our kids to lower the stress levels in our house with the axiom, "A failure to plan on your part does not create an emergency on my part." This can be more difficult in a work environment but if adopted into the work place culture, can greatly improve work place productivity.

Using better planning processes can be the biggest stress reducer.

There are other ways to reduce stress but this is the most important one that involves enlisting help from those around you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 05-16-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote