Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Cool Hello CoralToe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralToe View Post
Hey Neko!

It looks like most have chimed in already - but will add my 2 cents to the pile. I have suspected RSD in my foot, and finally agreed to the SCS trial last fall. Was implanted this past January, and am currently weaning off the meds. This has - BY FAR - been the single best decision I have made...I honestly feel that I am waking up from a nightmare. With the cloudy haze of meds and pain - I felt I was losing hold of living. Now, I feel I have been given a second chance. I am HAPPY for the first time in years!

As others have said though - there are things you need to take into consideration. First, you must be in the right mindset for this. When my doc first mentioned SCS - I thought it was overkill, and that I didn't need it. Eventually as my pain continued, I started reading forums (both hear and on healing well) - and eventually came to the decision that it was worth a shot. Once the trial was implanted, I remember standing in our living room crying - because I had forgotten what it was like to not hurt. The day my leads were pulled out - I cried again...and was severely depressed as my pain came back full force. I too had complete trust in the doc who did my implant - you need to make sure that they care about your well-being...not just the paycheck they will get from implanting another SCS. Finally, as Mark already described - try to convince your rep to allow you to self program. I was allowed this - both for my trial and perm...and like Mark, I have had no tweaking required

If you have any other questions let me know. I actually have a video of my surgery - that I hope will be up soon (my Doc and I are starting a blog/askthepaindoc website, and that will be on there).
Oh BOY how I am looking forward to seeing your blog site! Nothing like following a miracle with yet another, oh, and hey, despite your doc having had nothing to do with my case, if you would prefer to launch with multiple patients reporting, I would gladly join in for critical mass.

In the meantime, I am glad you are weaning from the meds, just take it easy with the after effects, and remember, you may need Librium to come down slowly after the last opiate, followed by careful observation in case you slip into post med depression as I did.

The life in the everafter of blessing is wondrous, and I am living so busily it is truly a release from the imprisonment of pain as one rejoins the world at large.

Prayin for ya and for Neko
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-19-2012), Rrae (05-17-2012)