View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
They will have different elemental amounts.

Chloride will have more potassium per measure than the citrate.

Potassium citrate= Pure potassium citrate contains 38.28% potassium.

Potassium chloride == 52.45% potassium

Many supplement labels do not give elemental values.
I explain this concept on the Magnesium thread.

Potassium citrate is used RX for treating certain types of kidney stones, as it solubilizes certain other minerals.
Is there an amount they use to treat kidney stones, i suppose i can look it up on medscape. But i was wondering. Anyways, I guess any form of it is a good form to take at times, specially if you eat alot of salt one day. I tried eating bananas but sometimes they aren't around in the house as well as sometimes they don't taste good to me. Also, is there any specific ones you would suggest or any that your have tried? Specifically some electrolyte type kinds, I know you tried ionic fizz, and I also know about coconut water, which is pretty good but expensive, so any suggestions?

Also, sidenote, I believe jarrow formulas isn't that great, a few of their supplements were good for me. But the rest weren't great. I enjoy now supps, but for the most part, I generally like doctor's best formulas, and in general they have some samples on iherb that are decent, I have ordered the ubiquinol as well as the BSN amino formula, They have a wide variety in there now, and those make me want to order something(since u can't just order free samples, in general)

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote