View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown This doesn't seem to end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4Rzeznik View Post
I was just recently taken off Lyrica after 3 years because of the side effects I was having. Yes, it helped the chronic nerve pain i'm suffering from after a double fusion thanks to a drunk driver, however the side effects changed my whole personality. I went from being functional, happy and physically fit to non functional, severely depressed, suicidal thoughts, major weight gain, rages, and blurry vision. I was taking 300mg a day, started in Dec 2009 and barely left my bedroom after that. I kept it dark and slept almost every day. I was dying inside. So now, since my doctor did not taper me off the drug, I am having major withdrawals. Panic attacks, vomiting, severe pain, crying over nothing, legs feel like I am walking with concrete boots, insomnia and burning. The good news is the depression seems to be lifting (no suicidal thoughts), my eye sight is back, and I've dropped 6lbs in a week. I feel like i've lost 3 years of my life because I did not know what was wrong with me. I will definitely be more resourceful next time before I just trust a dr and let them put me on a medication. I told all of my drs about the depression and suicidal thoughts and not one of them attributed it to the lyrica. I felt great for awhile, I think it took 6 mo to start the downward descend. My new dr thinks it could take up to 3 mo for the withdrawals to stop because it is such a powerful drug. My prayers go out to you if you are struggling with this.
I feel like I lost 3 years of my life too, my high school years. Going off cold turkey has been so hard, 3 weeks in and it is still hard. The only thing that helps me for the w/d and pain is cannabis, which my state does not provide yet, and doctors yell at me for telling me it doesn't help, when the only time I've truly eaten these past weeks was after using it, ha doctors just want your money and for you to use their medications. I feel so much more clear in my mind, but the w/d is really starting to take it's tool. I cannot control my emotions any more, my anxiety is off the charts, I have terrible IBS (never had stomach problems in my life) my nausea seems to consistently linger, I can't keep a comfortable temperature (wake up every morning DRENCHED in sweat) and I'm in a great deal of pain since I'm off the drug now. Aleve doesn't do much for the pain. Been trying Tagamet (otc stomach drug) for the IBS, but it doesn't seem to help much. I just want to get better! I just feel depressed now and was wondering how long it took for everyone else to get over this withdrawal??? I had to quit school, take time off work until further notice, and now all I do is stay at home and try to keep myself stressfree (as stress makes symptoms way worse). I can't put my life on hold for, forever. I'm 19 and should not be living my life like this. I am weary of going on any long term drugs as of now, going to do a ton of research before this happens. Best of luck to everyone, I feel your pain (literally)
SpecialKace is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote