View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelgert57 View Post
I was diagnosed with CNS Lyme Disease in January, 2011 when I did a 5-day hospital stint after collapsing at the clinic. I had just finished a 30-day treatment of antibiotics (can't remember the Rx name). Went home with PICC line and finished another 30 days. My neuro involvement started about a year or two before that with loss of memory, confusion, optical migraines (only THOUGHT I was losing it then), dizziness, shortness of breath, muscle weakness, loss of balance, etc. My boss (an attorney) came to my home accompanied by his wife and prepared to give me a job termination notice in a letter he had prepared, but had a change of "heart" (he has no heart) when all I could do was sit on the couch and swallow as hard as I could to keep from totally losing it.
I am a sober recovering alcoholic of 23 yrs. Have been on antidepressants for at least 21 years. . . . Anyhow, then unemployed, BUT STILL INSURED, received PT and went from walker to cane and regained my mobility very well. I had a terrible tremor in my neck and was dx'd with cervical dystonia, put on more Rx's, eventually lost my insurance due to lack of income and was declared disabled by SS in July, 2011.
Have to wait for Medicare till July, 2013. Probably should enjoy the benefits of indigence while I can!
I've been diagnosed with Polyarthritis, Fibromyalgia and chronic pain, but have only been granted Neurontin for pain. Really gets to ya after a while. My muscles stay contracted in shoulders, back neck and groin area constantly. I still cannot sit for longer than 30 min at a time without severe back pain -- You, know? Never mind all that. I am miserable physically, mentally and emotionally.
I have been totally sleepless for two (2) nights this week. Pretty much have alienated all of my family and friends from my outbursts of rage this week and believe I am quickly "losing it", what little I have left. Anybody?
Don't freak out and lose it! Maybe you're in a good place by just talking about it.
rambo1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-17-2012)