View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeron View Post
I am sorry to hear about your what you are going through. I to am dealing with peripheral neuropathy mainly in my legs where I am in pain almost all day long.

I have been deemed as having Idiopathic nueropathy from my old Nuerologist. My new neurologist just tested me for Gluten Allergy and my levels came back extremely high. I am not starting a Gluten Free Diet (along with weekly B12 Injections). I have been reading that this can take 6 to 12 months (on a gluten and wheat free diet) to start feeling relief from this diet if you are gluten sensitive.

Have you tried seeing if your are Gluten Sensitive? Gluten Sensitive can cause Nueropathy and Fibromyalgia symtpoms. It might be worth a try

God Bless,
Ron
Hi Ron,

I have a very painful peripheral neuropathy for 7 months now. I had a Gluten Intolerance/Celiac Disease Test and came out negative. However, due to the pain, I was willing to go on a gluten free diet. I started it a month ago. I read too that it will take awhile before one can feel a relief from the symptoms after you started on a gluten free diet that is why I was surprised when my primary care physician told me yesterday that I should start feeling better after a month of gluten free diet!!!
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote