Thread: Cellcept?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu452000 View Post
Was at the neurologist yesterday and he is considering having me try Cellcept and asked me to look into the drug and see what I thought. Did my online research and of course there are the usual not too nice side affects. Any one out there that has been on Cellcept for a while and can maybe tell me what your experience with the drug is. I have been on Prednisone since a MG crisis in December and had a very hard time dealing with the side affects but thankfully I will be off it soon. Even had trouble at first with the Mestinon as too high a dose gives me terrible intestinal issues. Only take a half pill at a time unless I am feeling really lousy. My body seems to be quite sensitive to most medications. Would appreciate any info y'all have. Thanks and have a great day.
AL
I've been on it for about 9 months. I started seeing improvement around the six month mark. I went from needing a walker to getting around almost normally. I'm still limited in how far and how fast I can walk, but its a large improvement for me. I also had Rituxan around the same time, so I don't know how much improvement is from each. As far as I've been able to tell, I've had very little side effects from either Cellcept or Rituxan, but then it would be hard to tell with the horrible Prednisone side effects.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I can say that with all the meds I'm on (Cellcept being one of them) something is working right.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote