View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Mark.

If you've been researching neurofeedback this carefully, you know that there are very different views about how to approach feeding information back to the brain. I never want to subject a group whose focus is not neurofeedback to that cranky conversation, but let me just respond quickly to your comment about placebo.

I have some concern about that with TBI clients, since I have only worked with two (the third will start next week). However, with "chemobrain" (which has several significant things in common with TBI), we did a good study (the equipment did not make double-blinding possible, though that capacity is almost ready and the next study will use that upgraded software). We used 18 measures—13 were significant at p<.001. 21 of 23 participants essentially returned to normal. That's waaay too much for placebo.

When we have more TBI data, I'll be happy to share it here. There's no benefit to me in convincing people on this forum to try this approach. I posted because someone asked about neurofeedback, and I have some experience; I hope you will not discourage folks from exploring something that seems to offer potential.
JeanA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (07-09-2013)