Thread: New guy...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark,

Thank you for the quick reply. I've printed off yours and EsthersDoll's responses and re-reading them as time allows. I apologize for the run-on paragraph structure. Strangely, the formatting looks ok while I'm entering the text but it's all scrunched up after I submit my reply. I'll try entering an additional Carriage Return.

For example's sake, let's say I was a government worker and that my job required the ability to multitask, "think on my feet", and develop many professional relationships with others at all levels of government. Let's say, too, that this job required me to lead ad hoc meetings with agency heads 3-4 times per week.

In my example, let's say that I leave work on Friday able to do all the above without too much fuss, but I bonk my head on Saturday and when I return to work a week later I can't reliably recall the name of my co-worker in the next office (whom I've known for a decade). Well, we wait a week--or a month--and things will get better, right? What if they don't get better? What if, six months down the road, my concentration, memory, mood are really, really bad by anyone's estimation?

Let's say that, hypothetically, my days are like a bad sit-com and the protagonist's role is a charicature of an over-the-top adult ADD case. He spends his days in frustration trying to convince the rest of the cast that there is something really wrong in his head and he's not making this stuff up. His supporting cast only has two lines--repeated for the duration of the show:

"My memory is bad too. After all, we're not getting any younger, are we?"

and

"Stop whining. I'm tired of hearing about it."

In my example I would have the option of applying for disability retirement from the government. However, this might not be a popular idea on the home front if your kids are still school-age.

In real-life I am scheduled for a lengthy NPA in July. It's my understanding that it should take fifteen hours and is so exhausting that the office will only schedule three hours/day for five days. This takes place over one-and-a-half weeks--every other day. I've had this appointment since March.

I hope this additional info is helpful, Mark, and that you can give me some insight into what to expect. Thanks, again!
WobblyOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote