View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Matt22,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear you got hurt. But, I am not as sorry your symptoms returned.

Yes, you over did it too soon. The alcohol and smoking are the biggest problems. When you work out, you do not want to push to fatigue. The muscle break down and such toxins with out you on your butt.

If you relapses so quickly and so intensely, you probably need to start living a much cleaner life. You have shown that your concussed brain is intolerant of stress and toxins. This is not uncommon with PCS.

I bet this is not your first concussion, or at least not your first head impact. All concussions leave you brain with some unhealed injury. This accumulates as concussions and sub-concussive impacts accumulate.

If in the past, you have drunk to a stage of blotto, this also contributes to your accumulation of brain injury. You will do best to limit alcohol to one serving per day.

Also, limit caffeine to one serving per day and avoid artificial sweeteners, especially Nutrasweet/aspartame/Equal.

There are other nutritional suggestion many of us follow to help our brains recover and strengthen but we can discuss that later.

This should help you get started in the right direction.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote