View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hate chairs

This may not be the same thing, but I find that chairs do not match the configuration of the human body. I am very uncomfortable in a chair, find it hard to sit that way for more than a few minutes, and usually pull my legs and feet up under me and sit on the chair as if I was just getting ready to jump off it. When I have lots of tremors, I shake myself right off the chair, onto the floor.

The Romans had it right - lots of cushions to lounge in, lie around eating grapes; no straight back chairs, no table where you have to sit uncomfortably and try to eat with fork and knife. I eat with my hands as much as possible and avoid 90 degree angles to sit on.

Really - who invented chairs and what were they thinking? Vertical back, horizontal mid-section, vertical legs, horizontal feet. That's not what the human body looks like. It just ain't normal, an us PWP are very big on being normal.

Last edited by Bob Dawson; 05-17-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: math impaired - I said 45 degree angle, meant 90 degree
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote