View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 04:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool SCS for me again I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Thanks for the update with Karen. When any of us goes missing, it feels like part of our family is missing. I hope she will recover soon. I am OK, visiting my Surgeon today, to discuss the whole issue. Having lots of trouble with doctors. Not a good situation at all. Wish good thoughts at 2p.m. today. ginnie
Hi Ginnie,

How did you get on at your appointment today, I hope it went okay for you.

I too haven't had good experiences with doctors, my Pain Doc sent me for some neurosurgeon and orthopaedic consults to see if they could help me. I had a Medtronic SCS for a while but it was removed when it stopped working. I also had several MRI scans that showed a great deal of scare tissue wrapped around the S1 nerve root from my previous discectomy 16 years ago. It causes horrible pain and the worst sciatica.
Last Monday I met my last ortho doc and the*appointment didn't go well. He wont agree to anything. Even if it is possible to operate on top of the nerve root the the best he can offer me is only 2% success rate. He examined me and because that day there was no evidence of the nerve impingement he took the view that it didn't exist and part of my problem is psychological, i never heard such BS, how can anyone that is clearly in pain put an act on. Although I wasn't expecting a good outcome I was terribly upset. *
I met my Pain doc last Tuesday and he wants to put*two Nevro stimulators one for my *stback and one for my leg. Although I've just read that Nevro have brought out one SCS to cover both back and leg pain. My health insurance covered the first implant so I'm on the public list for this one. Even though I'm on the list over a year now God knows when I'll get called, I'm hoping it's soon as I desperately want to go back to work and go on a holiday and basically get my life back.
So that's the latest story in a longish nutshell. Remind me again is your problem your neck?

Chat soon,

Sinéad
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-17-2012), fionab (05-20-2012), ger715 (05-18-2012), ginnie (05-19-2012), Mark56 (05-17-2012), Rrae (05-17-2012)