View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Mudrat!

You've raised a good question here.

Forgive my naive-ness , as I know very little to nothing about the pump. Thanks to you, tho, I'm able to pick up on a few things.
The one thing being said from your Dr's POV, makes sense regarding the amount of meds in your tank. He has it pinpointed down to where you'll both know when your reservoire will be requiring a refill, and also a pinpointed date (thereabouts). Obviously, the additional bolus doses would drain your tank sooner, possibly during a time when he might not be available as he mentioned. Am I on the right track? So, from his perspective, this would be inconvenient, and possibly put you in a dangerous spot as well (withdrawals)

Course here you are with breakthru pain that needs addressed.
I know the obvious reason to have the pump is so oral meds aren't necessary.....but would it make sense to have something to take orally to stay above the BT pain?

ok ok, when you've picked yourself up off the floor from laughing at my ingenious question, feel free to let me have it with both barrels

Heck, these Dr's are few and far between where I live (in the heartland of tornado alley). I'd certainly hesitate to drop this doc unless it gets REALLY bad.......just my take on it.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-07-2012), Mark56 (06-02-2012), Sophie_ (05-20-2012)