View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here, going thru dx process

Hello,
I am a 36yo female currently being tested by a neurologist for what he identified as MG. Prior to that I had not heard of the disease, but am quickly learning much. I'm 5'7 and 135 lbs, and have always been athletic. That all changed last summer when my routine workouts became strangely a LOT harder.

So far my EMG has been abnormal, as were certain things on the full neurological examination. My primary symptoms are weakness, chest pain, and blurred vision with occasional eye pain.

Which leads me here to ask about the chest pain.

Prior to seeing a neurologist, a cardiologist did a full workup to check my heart. The EKGs were normal, the echo was normal, but I couldn't finish the stress test because my legs got tired too soon. That was about four months ago, and the chest pain continues.

It is in a very specific place, never moving. Near the sternum/breastbone, just below the collarbone, on the left side near the center. It seems like the neurologist has been ignoring that symptom so far, but man it is uncomfortable. I feel it on average 3-5 times in a week.

I see my neurologist in four weeks, and a new GP next week (I didn't have a primary care provider yet). Is it wrong of me to not want to wait a month to ask if the chest pain is possibly a growth on my thymus gland?

Thanks to all in advance. Nice to meet you : )
restorativepose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote