View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dorrie,

Congratulations on seven years. I pray that God will help you find a way to stablilize your blood sugar levels.

Do consider taking magnesium. It will help you deal with stress as well. You might also consider taking milk thistle extract to support your liver. Your liver is involved in blood sugar control as well as your pancreas. God bless you.

"Treatment with diuretics (water pills), some antibiotics, and some medicine used to treat cancer, such as Cisplatin, can increase the loss of magnesium in urine. Poorly controlled diabetes increases loss of magnesium in urine, causing a depletion of magnesium stores. Alcohol also increases excretion of magnesium in urine, and a high alcohol intake has been associated with magnesium deficiency. Gastrointestinal problems, such as malabsorption disorders, can cause magnesium depletion by preventing the body from using the magnesium in food. Chronic or excessive vomiting and diarrhea may also result in magnesium depletion."

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/965927519.html

In case you are wondering why I advocate coconut oil which contains saturated fats, and kefir, butter, and meat which contain saturated fats and cholesterol, here is an interesting article. "The Benefits of High Cholesterol".

"People with high cholesterol live the longest. This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance. Yet the fact that people with high cholesterol live the longest emerges clearly from many scientific papers."

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndi...s_cholest.html

By the way, do you use aspartame?

"I have treated many patients with diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in my
capacity as a Board-certified internist and an endocrinologist member of the Endocrine Society). Since both groups shold abstain from sugar, I initially rejoiced that these persons had an acceptable and presumable safe sugar substitute in aspartame.
Unfortunately, many patients in my practice, and others seen in consultation, developed serious metabolic, neurologic and other complications that could be specifically attributed to using aspartame products. This was evidenced by:
*The loss of diabetic control, the intensification of hypoglycemia, the occurrence of presumed insulin reactions (including convulsions) that proved to be aspartame reactions, and the precipitation, aggravation or simulation of diabetic complications (especially impaired vision and neuropathy) while using these products.
*Dramatic improvement of such features after avoiding aspartame, AND the prompt predictable recurrent of these problems when the patient resumed aspartame products, knowlingly or inadvertently."

http://aspartametruth.com/diabetes.html

Wasabi
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote