View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMichellee.(: View Post
Okay, I need advice.

I'm 14 going on 15 in a couple weeks and my doctors are sort of stumped on what to do for me because of my age. They don't typically see this stuff with my young age, therefore they have no clue of really what to do.

That's where you lovely people come in!

I need help. I need ideas of how to cope with the pain I have. Anything would help me. I just need something. Anything. And I'd definitely appreciate any advice from anyone.

I thank you in advance for your time and comments. (:
Sorry to hear that you are going through this at your age but know that you are not alone. My friend's, friend's daughter has this and is about your age. What has helped is treatment at a Children's Hospital that is knowledgeable in CRPS. She has done aqua therapy for 1.5 yrs. and now is able to return to her dancing.

With that said there are resources for someone your age-

The Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome' website has a page that lists 6 resources for youth and their parents (scroll down on this page) http://www.rsds.org/2/related_sites/index.html

Of note, see that there is a RSD/CRPS Awareness in Teens Facebook page. I would think you could link to other teens going through what you are.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SaraMichellee.(: (05-20-2012)