View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica Withdrawal

was taking 450mg for two months for sciatica. after two months dropped down to 300mn, felt withdrawal but also quit 350mg daily Tramadol at the same time.

Kept up 300mg Lyrica dose while suffering severe withdrawals form Tramadol. After one month, began to break down Lyrica dosage, like: 150mg at night, 75mg in the morning for a few days then cut that in half for a few days, withdrawal was very difficult and I felt I was just dragging it on longer by weaning, I was impatient with the process and had a week where I had little to no responsibilities, so I quit cold turkey.

I am now on day 11 no Lyrica. It has been very difficult but is getting better. I take 100-125mg Trazadone at night to sleep, this is not good sleep but will do for now, I go down for about 7hrs. Trazadone is fairly safe and non-addictive, I recommend it over Xanax, benzos or whatever, useless you want another struggle down the road.

The depression and anxiety were manageable after 7 days, not acceptable, manageable. I've dealt with insomnia for a month and a half now. Having come this far I can tell it is getting better, it is slow, but I know I will return to my normal self. In terms of sciatica pain I am better than ever, that might just be a coincidence, and my body is naturally healing itself, after a year of acute pain.

I do not condone the use of Lyrica or Tramadol for any reason. Find another way. It subtly creeps into your being and destroys your ability to get anything from life. These drugs to dirty things, and you do not realize until you quit. And quitting will be a nightmare. Your body converts Lyrica into Valium, Tramadol into Morphine--this is information from my pharmacist. I have also withdrawn from Methadone an Vicodin after using for two months and the withdrawal period was 3 days and then done, much easier for me.

So, long story short, Lyrica withdrawal: severe 7days, but varying degrees of insomnia, anxiety, loss of appetite, depression, can last 2-10weeks based on my research. I did loose weight right away and my stomach was no longer bloated.

Of course some people say they had no problem quitting Lyrica, I find this hard to believe, perhaps they were taking other meds anyway, so withdrawal never really took effect I'm a healthy 30 year old male, besides my sciatica injury, I've never been depressed, suffered from anxiety or depression. These drugs had a profound effect on my psyche and wasted a chunk of my life. Pain Management folks had no words for me in terms of the potential withdrawal severity.

I hope this helps someone get through the early stages of Lyrica withdrawal, If you are starting today just remember that I was where you're at a little over a week ago and I am doing better now. The days will inevitably rack up and with each one you are getting closer to freedom. Give yourself a break and take it easy. Eat as well as you can and exercise--even walking or swimming, be as proactive as possible. Your life is not a wreck, Lyrica is just very powerful and holds a mean grudge when you reject it, making you feel things that are not accurate.

Take care. I'll let you know when I sleep again.
quitlyricalive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
akdew13 (03-22-2014), tracer747 (07-15-2016)