Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringontherain28 View Post
Rare,

Thank you for your quick response. The scs was placed for trial on Monday. If I look up or down, the frequency increases. I can't tel if my fingers are still numb, if it is the buzz sensation, or a combination. My occupation involves computer usage. If the permanent is the same, I will have more sleep but I don't know that I will be able to work. I want to tell you more, but hurts to even type on the touchpad. Am I doing something wrong? I want this to be my answer.

Thanks.
You're doing just fine, Kristy!
I understand the pain, so don't push yourself.
As far as the increased stimulation when you look down, like Nanc said, it won't be near this sensitive when you get the permanent. Keep in mind that you aren't sutured in very well for this trial. When you look down, you are simply pulling on the leads, thus the increased stim.
If/when they install the permanent, the leads will be anchored in much better to the dura within your dorsal column. Or, even better, he may want to do the laminectomy. This will surely secure the leads in and there won't be so much 'give' as what you are currently experiencing.

Lead migration is very common, there's no denying that. It's imperative that we mind the post-op restrictions until the leads have a chance to scar in.

I hope your pain eases up by morning! If it's too painful to type right now, feel free to sift thru alot of the previous posts and threads. Lotsa good info to be found. Feel free to ask anything you'd like. No such thing as a silly question.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (06-04-2012), bringontherain28 (05-18-2012), eva5667faliure (05-18-2012), Mark56 (05-27-2012), Nanc (05-21-2012), Sophie_ (05-22-2012)